[ecasound] Problem with -y on output

From: Adam Grossman <thegrossman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 19:16:57 EEST

I'm new to ecasound, so I'm afraid my current problem has more to do
with ignorance than anything else. But I haven't been able to find a
resolution after quite some time experimenting and searching the
forums. So here it is presented to you:

I am unable to append one file to another, using a command such as:

ecasound -i file1.wav -o file2.wav -y:60

Every time I try it simply rewrites file2 with the contents of file1.
It's as if I ran the same command without the "-y:60". If I move the
-y to the input file, such as:

ecasound -i file1.wav -y:60 -o file2.wav

, it works as it should (namely, it writes file2, with the contents of
file1 starting at the 60 second mark).

My problem exists for multiple file types (I've tried wav, mp3 and
aif), and when ecasound is run as root. Any ideas? Am I just being
stupid?

-Adam
thegrossman@email-addr-hidden