[ecasound] Newcomer problem with LADSPA, was newcomer problem with loop device

From: erno palonheimo <esp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 12:08:48 EEST

Quoting Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>:

> Hi Erno,

Hi Stuart.

> I'm not sure if this is a bug or the desired behaviour, but as a
> workaround, you can do this:
>
> ecasound \
> -a:master -i:loop,1 -o:jack_auto,alsa_pcm \
> -a:tape -i:jack_generic,audio_in \
> -a:mic -i:jack_auto,alsa_pcm \
> -a:tape,mic -o:loop,1

Thanks, this worked just fine. Now I've got another problem. For obvious
reasons, I'd like to put some reverb on the vocal mic, and I've found good
settings on GVerb plugin for this particular purpose.

Now, when using jack-rack, I set the plugin as follows:

Room size 30 m
Reverb time 7 sec
Damping factor 0.5
Input 0.75
Dry level 0dB
Early refl lvl -28dB
Tail level -40dB

It works just fine. But when I try to do the same with ecasound by adding the
following to a chain:

-a mic -el:gverb,30,7,0.5,0.75,0,-28,-40

...I get a really strange digital-noise style thing that sounds like GVerb
settings are _way_ off. Do jack-rack and ecasound have some difference in
plugin parameters? Is there a LADSPA host that'd enable me to see the correct
values to pass to ecasound?

Thanks in advance, again.

--
erno palonheimo, soundman, coder, b-class organ player