Re: [ecasound] ecasound and midi

From: Dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 03:28:09 EEST

> http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2005/08/0373.html
>
> The answer in short:
>
> ""The number(176) displayed by gmidimon is the decimal value of the status
> byte for the controller message (0xB0 in hex) and means that it is just a
> controller message on channel 0. This program also displays MIDI channels
> starting from 0 instead of 1. The 'Data1' column shows the controller
> number (1), and 'Data2' shows the controller amount (54). Your command
> line could be: "-km:1,0,1000,1,1".""

Thanks Kai, sorry but I certainly missed the Pedro's message on LAU if
not, I would certainly not post this on the ecasound list.
Nevertheless, everything is much clear and I will test this straight
forward with my config.

I don't want to flame on LAU, but the means of erratic monitoring was not
on the monitors output, but strictly on the ability to monitor or not the
midi devices.

Regards

Philippe