Re: [ecasound] ecasound and midi

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 00:28:26 EEST

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dubphil wrote:

> I have previously posted this on LAU, but I think that it is better to
> post this here.
[...]
> I have two midi controllers connected to my UM-2 usb midi interface
> And I have a lot of trouble to figure out how to configure ecasound to use
> them.

for those not subscribed to LAU, an answer to this problem can be
found at:

http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2005/08/0373.html

The answer in short:

""The number(176) displayed by gmidimon is the decimal value of the status
byte for the controller message (0xB0 in hex) and means that it is just a
controller message on channel 0. This program also displays MIDI channels
starting from 0 instead of 1. The 'Data1' column shows the controller
number (1), and 'Data2' shows the controller amount (54). Your command
line could be: "-km:1,0,1000,1,1".""

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv