Re: [ecasound] 2.4.1 daemon mode

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 21:21:02 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Pierre Lorenzon wrote:

> Thank you for your answer. I would simply suggest not to
> inhibit the deamon mode to run in conjunction with
> the interactive mode i.e. to allow the user to enter both
> --daemon and -c one the command line but to allow
> --daemon -C as well.

and this is now possible (CVS + will be in 2.4.2).

It turned out that there was also a technical reason between the daemon
and interactive mode linkage. In non-interactive mode, ecasound normally
exits when one round of processing has finished. This is usually what
users want in daemon mode, which led to the requirement of also enabling
interactive mode. This has now been changed in CVS.