Re: [ecasound] Jack transport problem

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 20:36:57 EEST

Hi,

and more will-be-part-of-2.4.2 issues...

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Interpreting the transport state transition from Rolling to Stopped as
> an EOF certainly makes sense in many situations. But, I recall trying
> to do something similar to Olivier, repeatedly stopping and starting a
> non-interactive ecasound session. That would be nice to have (as an
> option, perhaps).

Ok, I've now committed a new "--keep-running" (or just "-K") option
which will cause ecasound to run forever, or until an error is found.
This option has no affect to interactive mode ("-c") operation. The new
options are also documented in CVS version of ecasound(1).

> This raises the question of how to terminate a non-interactive
> ecasound. Olivier's suggestion (Ctrl-C) seems OK to me.

And as mentioned already earlier, Ctrl-C has always been a valid way to
stop an ecasound session (be it interactive or not).