Re: [ecasound] Unattended Audio Recording / Archiving

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 04:47:57 EEST

a simple solution would be to have ecasound started via cron once each
hour. To get the files date stamped your cron entry could look something
like:

# m h dom mon dow command
   0 * * * * ecasound -i:<foo_jack_io> -o:`date +%Y-%m%d-%H%M`.wav

the `` (backticks -- top left key on us keyboards) give you the output
of the enclosed command. In this case date provides a time stamp of the
form yyyy-mmdd-hhmm.

Since you're using jack you shouldn't have to settle for a gap between
files since each ecasound can start with an unique jack client name if
you use -G:jack,client_name,operation_mode. See man ecasound for details.