[ecasound] Unattended Audio Recording / Archiving

From: Christopher King <c.j.king@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 21:00:06 EEST

Hi,
I am trying to come up with a solution for unattended 24/7 audio
recording and archiving, on a system which is also streaming audio to
an Icecast server.
At the moment I am successfully opening the same audio device twice by
using JACK, with oddcast_jack and ecasound.

I'm now trying to get ecasound to save automatically every hour with a
timestamped file, seemlessly starting a new file. (Later to be joined
with appropriate software). Obviously there would be a small gap
between the files, but as long as it's not noticeable to the human ear
then I'm not bothered.

Has anyone achieved this and could share some scripts / enlighten me
on perhaps the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Chris.