[ecasound] zero gate threshold?

From: <jeff_patterson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 22:35:10 EET

It is possible to set-up a gated ecasound record chain where the threshold is set to zero? I am trying to sample-sync 6 tracks sourced from my external HD recorder. The tracks are downloaded to the computer two at a time via s/pdif. I want to start ecasound in record mode and have it discard the data until I hit play on the HD recorder. When ecasound recieves it's first non-zero sample, I want it to start saving the data to a file. Using -ge:0,0,peak doesn't seem to work. With this setting ecasound begins saving data immediately.

Is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Jeff