[ecasound] ecasound auto exit in daemon mode

From: Kamil Wencel <wencel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 20:24:27 EET

Hi everyone,

I must be pretty anoying right now, but my "project" is getting closer
to something of value.
so, two questions :

1. Is it possible to start ecasound like this :

ecasound --daemon -f:16,2,96000 -B:rtlowlatency -b:128 -i
resample-hq,44100,'foo.wav' -f:32,2,96000 -o alsa,spdif

AND let ecasound exit when the track is finished. I need this feature
because I am calling ecasound from a php
script which waits until ecasound finishes and then takes the next track
out of a queue to feed ecasound again.
You might consider leaving --daemon away, fair enough, that would work,
but I have another php script which
accesses ecasound on port 2868 to control the whole thing ( like, pause,
rewind, forward ).

2. Multiple Outputs

The main purpose of the whole thing is to serve audio locally in best
possible quality. On the other hand I might
want to take my music "with me" - so I'd like to split the stream.

what would the correct syntax be if I want the 16/44 input file
upsampled to alsa and no upsampling for the
second stream which is piped into ices ?

ecasound (--daemon) -a:1,2 -f:16,2,96000 -B:rtlowlatency -b:128 -a:1 -i
resample-hq,44100,'foo.wav' -f:32,2,96000 -a:1 -o alsa,spdif -a:2 -o
stdout | ices

As soon as I have finsihed gathering all I need I will let you know to
what kind of monster I am giving birth here.
Just for now : It looks like ecasound has become a very central part of
it ;)

best wishes around the world to all ecasounders.

Kamil

P.S.: Kai, Aaron I spent the whole weeking listening to upsampled tunes
and the results are really amazing.
          It is exactly the kind of result I was hoping to get out of
upsampling from 16/44 to 24/96.
          So your efforts are worthwhile and appreciated.