Re: [ecasound] Not able to record with long file names?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 23:44:20 EET

Hello,

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

> Starting working with ecasound again and ran into this problem:
> Using a long name ecasound won't record. Using a short name it
> will. 4 Charactor maximum. Thisi.ogg will not record. Using
> Debian with kernel 2.6.8. Any suggestions?

hmm, to be honest, that sounds _very_ weird. Ecasound does not impose any
filename length limitations (operating system / libc limits apply). How
about other file types than ogg...? It might be a bug in oggenc/ogg123 or
bug in the way ecasound uses them... OTOH, on my machine I cannot trigger
this bug with ecasound-2.3.5 plus vorbis-tools-1.0.3. :o

PS You could try running ecasound with "-dd".. it'll print more
   information about how oggenc/ogg123 is launched.