[ecasound] Issue with mixing of the files

From: Hemant Joshi <hemant_joshius@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 07:41:56 EET

I have a number of files f1 .. fn and I just want to concatenate them one after another (in time,
non-overlapping). I did that by writing the .ewf file for each of the .wav files. Each of those
.ewf file have offset set such that they come one after another in time. As a result I get the
output file that is a concatenation of all the f1 ... fn. This is what I want but when I read it
back in my audio processing tool I see that the amplitude of the concatenated output file is
reduced significantly. Initially all the component files f1 ... fn were normalized to -6 dB.
Please tell me some way to have the output file from ecasound also normalized to -6dB.

I will highly appreciate any help.

Thanks
Hemant Joshi