Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior
From: Kai Vehmanen (kvehmanen_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 18:46:06 EET

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Dubphil wrote:

[debug item 1]
>> You could compile JACK with --enable-debug and try to see
>> whether "WE DIE" is printed to ecasound's console.
[debug item 2]
>> Also, try running jackd with a long timeout (-t 5000) and enable
>> ALSA driver's safe-mode (--softmode jackd param after -d alsa).
[...]
> sorry but TerminatorX doesn't exit, it is always there and his connection
> with jack is always working because if I don't connect the capture ports,
> and if I play another sample the xruns stop and the sample plays.

Oops, sorry, my mistake. But does it disconnect its ports when it stops
outputting samples, or just outputs silence? Something strange happens
anyway that causes jackd to produce xruns. When the "client zombified" is
printed, the damage has already been done -- this just informs that
something has gone badly wrong and the client must be
restarted/reconnected to jackd. It's still possible that the fault is in
ecasound, I'm not saying that, but the "zombified" warning suggests the
problem is elsewhere.

Could you try the debug items 1 and 2 above? I'm a few hundred kms away
from nearest JACK-enabled machine, so I cannot do any debugging on this
issue....