make check fails on OSX 10.3.6

Subject: make check fails on OSX 10.3.6
From: Mark Edwards (mark_AT_mrtoads.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 07:21:31 EET

I know that ecasound claims to build on OSX Panther without problems,
but I just tried it on pretty much a virgin OSX 10.3.6 machine and make
check failed. I installed libsamplerate without and issue, and then
ran configure and make on ecasound, but make check failed, saying
stresstest.rb failed.

Is the release of 2.3.5 supposed to work with no additional libs
installed?