Re: [ecasound] converted mp3 has zero sized

Subject: Re: [ecasound] converted mp3 has zero sized
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 22:33:27 EEST

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, johhny mnemonic wrote:

> I have a problem when try to convert between different formats. The
> size of converted file is 0 byte. I tried it as root.
[...]
> bigdw:~/ecasound# ecasound -i p01b.wav -o p01b.mp3
[...]
> If I try it with lame directly, under the same circumstances, it works well:

You might need to edit ~/.ecasound/ecasoundrc (check 'man ecasoundrc' for
instructions) and put a custom 'ext-cmd-mp3-output' entry to it. 'lame -b
%B -s %S -x -S - %f' is the default command used to execute lame. It does
work with 3.96, but maybe Debian has some patches to lame that causes
problems... and make sure ecasond can find lame (maybe try adding full
path to lame to ext-cmd-mp3-output...).