Re: [ecasound] -ei limited to 12.50% ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] -ei limited to 12.50% ?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 12:12:51 EEST

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> I've tested this further with the simplest of commandlines:
> ecasound -i:foo.wav -o:foo-m.wav -ei:xxx
> -ei seem to be limited to the range 12.50%-2000% now. I know this used
> to have a much wider range.

The 12.50-2000% range is what Ecasound's internal srate converter can
handle. The converter code is not safe beyond these limits (I haven't had
the energy to trace the bugs, but you get segfaults with some parameters).
So I added the range hard-limits to make sure segfaults are avoided in all
cases.

But, but, this range has nothing to do with libsamplerate. If you can test
what kind of ranges libsamplerate (and Ecasound's glue code that
interfaces with the library) manages without problems, let me know and I
can change the range hard-limits for the case where libsamplerate is used
instead of the internal srate converter.