Re: [ecasound] -ei limited to 12.50% ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] -ei limited to 12.50% ?
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 06:08:53 EEST

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> I've tested this further with the simplest of commandlines:
>> ecasound -i:foo.wav -o:foo-m.wav -ei:xxx
>> -ei seem to be limited to the range 12.50%-2000% now. I know this used
>> to have a much wider range. Has something changed in the -ei effect or
>> in how ecasound interfaces with libsamplerate?
> I see where this is clamped in libecasound/audiofx_misc.cpp around lines
> 105-120 ... and it's the same in pre20040905 and 20040818 and in 2.3.3
> stable release. Am I just imagining that this used to use libsamplerate?

I modified audiofx_misc.cpp to allow 256x shifts in either direction and
recompiled. It seems to work fine, but I am not any sort of an
audiophile sound data purist. I noticed the following entry in NEWS for
29082003 (v2.3.0):
- changed: to avoid resampling faults, upper limit of 2000%
            set for pitchshifter's (-ei) shift-% arg; note! high
            values of shift-% can still cause crashes if using
            libsamplerate

I haven't had it crash on me yet. Is it possible that whatever caused
these problems has been fixed since then? I'm using libsamplerate 0.1.2.

-Eric Rz.

"I can talk to myself this way"