(potential) last_float() / copp-get bug in C ECI

Subject: (potential) last_float() / copp-get bug in C ECI
From: Adam Linson (adam_AT_percent-s.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 13:07:09 EEST

Hi Kai,

I'm using the C ECI with Ecasound 2.3.0 and I discovered what I thought
was an incorrect behavior with last_float() and copp-get, though I may
well be the incorrect one here. Working around it was really simple and
this probably affects close to null users, but you wanted bug reports...
;-)

For the case in question, I was calling a copp-get, then a copp-select,
then a last_float(), which wasn't returning the correct value. The easy
way around that was to call the last_float() in between (ie right after
copp-get, before copp-select), which worked correctly.

The theoretical problem is that since copp-select is supposed to lack a
return value, the last_float() should (in this case) obtain the value
from the last copp-get, even when a copp-select has been called in the
meantime.

I hope I'm making some sense, depsite my convoluted explanation. I
thought this may extend to other similar command sequences as well.

-Adam

PS Excellent mail on "Re: [linux-audio-dev] Read this after your first
cup of coffee"!