Re: [ecasound] Compile Error on OSX

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compile Error on OSX
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 04:03:23 EEST

Junichi Uekawa <dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> >From a casual look from the bug report, it sounds like the header
> >file required > for mlockall is not included. (and thus erroring
> >out)
>
> You could probably check out what header file to include with
>
> man 2 mlockall
>
> and add an #include line in the specific file.

Current versions of OS X do not support mlockall(). JACK checks in
./configure to detect its absence and build without it. Most things
work OK even without memory locking.

> I'm not quite sure if anyone tried building ecasound on OSX yet,
> but if jack works, I guess it's going to be usable.

JACK works quite well on OS X, but there are some significant
differences in the underlying implementation. On OS X, we use Mach
threads instead of pthreads in some performance-critical paths.

--
  joq