Re: [ecasound] Compile Error on OSX

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compile Error on OSX
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 02:06:01 EEST

Hi,

> Make Error:
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I../kvutils -D_REENTRANT -D_REENTRANT -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_DBC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -g -O2 -c eca-chainsetup.cpp -MT eca-chainsetup.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/eca-chainsetup.TPlo -o eca-chainsetup.o
> eca-chainsetup.cpp: In member function `void ECA_CHAINSETUP::lock_all_memory()
> ':
> eca-chainsetup.cpp:617: error: `::mlockall' undeclared (first use here)
> eca-chainsetup.cpp:617: error: `MCL_CURRENT' undeclared (first use this
> function)

This might be a too technical reply for you, but:

From a casual look from the bug report, it sounds like the header file required
for mlockall is not included. (and thus erroring out)

You could probably check out what header file to include with

  man 2 mlockall

and add an #include line in the specific file.

I'm not quite sure if anyone tried building ecasound on OSX yet,
but if jack works, I guess it's going to be usable.

regards,
        junichi