Re: [ecasound] compile problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] compile problems
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 02:13:17 EEST

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Tony Leake wrote:

> I'm having trouble compiling 2.3.3 under debian testing. (gcc 3.3.3)

I today tested compiling recent Ecasound with gcc-3.3.3 and the test build
went through without problems. :o

Either there's something wrong with the way Debian has built gcc (or there
are some funky system-level CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS defined), or some problem with
the environment. How much memory do you have on the compilation machine?
You could try adding some extra swap space just be sure. I've seen gcc
fail in mysterious ways when compiling C++ apps on machines with limited
memory.