Re: [ecasound] compile problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] compile problems
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 02:15:24 EEST

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Tony Leake wrote:

> I'm having trouble compiling 2.3.3 under debian testing. (gcc 3.3.3)
[...]
> audioio-db-server.cpp: In destructor
> `AUDIO_IO_DB_SERVER::~AUDIO_IO_DB_SERVER()
> ':
> audioio-db-server.cpp:146: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

This could be a simple problem of exhausting available gcc runtime
resources (memory). Try compiling without optimization ("cd
ecasound-2.3.3 ; make CXXFLAGS=-O0 clean all" or something similar).

I've been doing Ecasound test compilations with various gcc versions (from
very old 2.9.xx to the latest 3.4 releases), and it's been long since the
last time we had gcc-related trouble. So it's not likely that Ecasound
would be triggering a real gcc bug here... but of course, never say
never. :)