Re: [ecasound] Pitch shifter (-ei) broken with JACK output?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Pitch shifter (-ei) broken with JACK output?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 20:58:51 EEST

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Mario Lang wrote:

> I just found out about this, and now I am wondering if this is
> perhaps a well known problem after all?

Yep, this is a known issue. From ecasound/BUGS:

--cut--
[ Known Bugs and Features ]

- pitch shifter (-ei) doesn't work with all real-time audio object
  types (for instance JACK)
--cut--

> I guess this is related to the fact that JACK requests a fixed amount
> of frames.

Yes, this type of effect simply cannot work with JACK. You could try the
LADSPA pitchshifter plugins instead (check for example swh-plugins).

---