Re: [ecasound] Simultaneously recording many tracks

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Simultaneously recording many tracks
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 04:55:49 EEST

Some things to try if you haven't already:

ALSA drivers
Jackd
lowlatency/preemptive kernel configuration
tuning disks with hdparm or in your kernel config
test disks with hdparm
turn off anything else running on the box that is not essential
   (hardware and software)
make sure your soundcard(s) is on the highest priority possible IRQs
   typically this means IRQ 9
make sure your soundcard(s) is not sharing IRQ's with any other devices
google for linux audio users guide
read the archives of linux audio users and linux audio developers
   mailinglists
join those lists and ask there

You should definitely be able to get the performance you're after. This
list is pretty low volume. You'll find much more activity on the lau and
lad lists.

hope this helps, and good luck. :)

-Eric Rz.