edi-14 closed (was: Re: ecawave vs gcc-3.0)

Subject: edi-14 closed (was: Re: ecawave vs gcc-3.0)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 01:27:04 EEST

Hi,

this mail probably sets the list record... here's an update to an issue
raised nearly three years ago! :)

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Another thing I am wondering is if it would be possible to add a command
> to the ./configure like --enable-alsa that would make alsa the default
> driver? That way one wouldn't have to ever explicitly tell ecasound to
> use alsa after compiling.

This later became development item 'edi-14', but was never actually
implemented. Fortunately the very latest 2.3.3 release finally resolves
this issue. The new 'auto' value for 'default-output' is itself the
default setting, and will make Ecasound choose ALSA over OSS if ALSA was
available during compile time.

So I guess we can finally closed this item:

<http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/edi.html>:
(edi-14): Making ALSA the default output device with a compile
          time options.
        - submitted: Patrick Shirkey, 18.8.2001
        - not implemented: kaiv, 12.05.2004 (workaround in 2.3.3)

---