JACK registering

Subject: JACK registering
From: H. T. Hind (hirh_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 00:43:01 EEST

Hello,

I can start ecasound on the commandline like this
ecasound -a:1 -i jack -G:jack,eca1,notransport and
connect the Jack Ports to eca1:in_1 and eca1:in_2

How do I pass the global option if I'm using ecasound
via the Python interface ?

I have the following script -
e = ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE(debuglevel)
result = 0
channel = int(sys.argv[1])

e.command("cs-add play_chainsetup")
e.command("c-add 1st_chain")
e.command("ai-add jack")
e.command("ao-add alsahw,0,0")
e.command("cs-connect")
e.command("start")

connect_to_jack('ecasound',channel,2)
connect_to_jack('ecasound',channel,1)

by default, ecasound registers with JACK as "ecasound".
I would like to be able to pass in a parameter that
is the name to use while registering. How can I do it ?

Any help is much appreciated,
hth