hmm midi

Subject: hmm midi
From: david moss (monokinetic_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 15:35:06 EET

Hi all,
Im having some real difficulties getting midi to work
and have a few questions. I already went thru the
archive but cant find anything recent about this...

I found a message which seemed to say that midi is
infact turned off as default, but it was from 18
months ago. Would this explain why I can see midi
coming in to my system and aconnect various other
programs but ecasound never shows up in aconnect?

or does setting ecasoundrc mididevice =
rawmidi,/dev/snd/midiC1D0 force ecasound to read that
port, and if why cant I use controllers to tweak this
otherwise great piece of software?

any suggestions please....