Re: [ecasound] LADSPA labels naming conflicts / -el option

Subject: Re: [ecasound] LADSPA labels naming conflicts / -el option
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 00:17:59 EET

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Jan Weil wrote:

> there is a problem with ecasound's ladspa support.

... or possibly not. :)

> Ecasound assumes that a plugin's Label is globally unique.
> This is not true.

Actually Ecasound doesn't, only the '-el' option does. Fortunately there
is also '-eli:plugin_unique_number,param-1,...,param-n' variant, which can
be used to uniquely identify plugins. This has been available since
v1.7.8r12 (Feb/2000).

But I admit that in my examples I always tend to use "-el" as its more
understandable. I guess "-eli" should be mentioned at least in few
examples so that people know of its existance.