Re: [ecasound] reminder about Ecasound Control Interface (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] reminder about Ecasound Control Interface (fwd)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 00:45:31 EET

On 15 Dec 2003, Jack O'Quin wrote:

>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>> from pyeca import *
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/joq/bin/eci-pos", line 2, in ?
> from pyeca import *
> ImportError: No module named pyeca

Run 'python -V' to check the version, and

python -c "import sys; print (sys.prefix + '/lib/python' + sys.version[:3])"

... tells you the correct libdir. At least pyeca.py should be installed
in site-packages/pyeca.py under the above libdir.

> I must be doing something stupid here. I can't see where the pyeca
> module is getting installed. Did I build it wrong? Where should it
> go?

Try running 'make install' in ecasound/pyecasound, and see where it
install the *.py files.

> I had to `./configure --with-python-modules=/usr/lib/python2.1'.
> Could this be the problem? Old python interpreter?

Possibly in case the interpreter is looking for modules somewhere
else...