Re: [ecasound] type error

Subject: Re: [ecasound] type error
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 00:31:54 EET

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 motto_AT_bigmir.net wrote:

> I have a problem with ecasound on Solaris.
[...]
> # ecasound -ddd -i orig.wav -o try.wav -ge:5,0,0
[...]
> eca-control.cpp: (eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed:
> "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE: Only WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and
> WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT are supported."

How did you create 'orig.wav'. Either there are still endian-related bugs
in ecasound's wav-file handling, or some other program has created
an invalid wav-header.

Anyways, you can access the file by doing:

ecasound -i typeselect,.raw,orig.wav -o try.wav

You might have to specify the format (-f:s16_le, -f:s16_be, etc) to
correctly read the file.