Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 20:30:34 EET

> not automated and therefore not scriptable .. i.e. not possible to say
> "do fadeout on these 500 wav-files, always the last 5 seconds containing
> sound, exponential curve with following shape" .. that'd be cool

yeah - that would be tough *laugh*

but - now bear with me cuz I don't ecasound really - I thought I read in the
original post that you CAN make it fade out after however many seconds - now
it'd be stupid to do the fadeout on the original 16 or 24 tracks, right?
but on a mix, which is only 2 tracks, you couldn't do this? I'm saying, if
you mixed the tune down (which is what you'd do first anyway), and then had
one .wav file, that you go and have ecasound fade out...right? no? I'm
curious now...