Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out
From: The Eye (michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 19:23:35 EET

Aaron Trumm wrote:
> > There are examples of fading out after x seconds, but I need to fade out
> > at the end of the file that's being processed. I realize that part of
> > the problem is knowing when to start fading out, as you don't
> > necessarily know the length of the file (to add to this, I'm playing
> > mp3s, some of which are VBR).
>
> can't you just take a stop watch and listen to the song, stop the watch at
> the point you'd start fading, look at the time, and tell it to fade after
> that many seconds? or am I missing something?

not automated and therefore not scriptable .. i.e. not possible to say
"do fadeout on these 500 wav-files, always the last 5 seconds containing
sound, exponential curve with following shape" .. that'd be cool

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key