Re: [ecasound] Metronome problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Metronome problems
From: l-ecasound.d.xalan_AT_xoxy.net
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 21:58:41 EET

"Julian Dobson - juliand_AT_braverock.com" writes:
> I take it from this that the metronome uses the sine wave as a trigger
> for the ticks.

If I understand you and the definition of the metronome preset
correctly, it's not the trigger, that uses a sine wave. The sine is
only used to generate the audio signal.

[...]
> (a) Don't use a sine wave - for trigger events, just use a square or
> triangular wave for instead (triangular would probably be easier to
> impliment as you use the same test for the trigger as you do for the
> sine.

I've been thinking about writing a very simple square wave generator
for the metronome tone. Ok, that would have lots of high frequency
components, but for a metronome sound I don't care. And a square wave
should be *extremely* easy to generate :-)

Stefan Bund.