Re: [ecasound] How to play a midi file while recording audio with ecasound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] How to play a midi file while recording audio with ecasound?
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 02:03:38 EEST

Hi!
  First: Do you have iiwusynth or fluidsynth?
  Than you'll have to enter fluidsynth as external midi-player in your
ecasoundrc. This you should find in your homedirectory or in /usr/local/share.
Usually timidity is entered there.
  If you succeed with that, you can simply do:
  ecasound -a:1 -i monitor.mid -a:2 -i jack,alsa_in -a:all -o jack,alsa_out
  I don't exactly know what the midi-chain will output. It may be that, output
is handled directly by fluidsynth. But you can at least give it a try.
  Another thing you might try - i've never tried it - is to enter pmidi as
ecasound's midi-output and then start a fluidsynth first. Then you could start
you ecasound - perhaps with -o null for the midichain - and that might do the
trick.
  Good luck and if you find one of this solutions works, then please tell me.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de