device dsp busy

Subject: device dsp busy
From: bart_AT_solozone.com
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 02:59:22 EEST

Actually this problem arises using any volume meter in
SuSE 8.1 or with the jack-meterbridge-ecasound chain set
up, too: namely that after recording
ecasound (or wavrec) -t 5 -i:jack_alsa -o:somefile.wav
the second effort to record immediately shows
/dev/dsp busy
And this stops only if you exit the chain (stop jack) or
even exit by logoff.
What I want to do is record successively some thousand
speech synthesis prompts; and this stops me.
Bart Alberti
bart_AT_solozone.com