Question about well-formed output

Subject: Question about well-formed output
From: Nolan J. Darilek (nolan_AT_thewordnerd.info)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:56:05 EEST

I'm working on my contribution to the super ecasound arena. Before I
can do that, though, I need to create an ecasound API for ruby, my
language of choice. I have most of it functioning, but I'm running
into a couple issues with the well-formed output, namely:

ecasound ('h' for help)> aio-register
2 31
Registered audio object types:

256 2686 s
1. RIFF wave file, regex: wav$, params: label,toggle_mmap
2. Ecasound wave file, regex: ewf$, params: label
. . .

First, why is it "2 31" and not "2 31 s"? Second, wouldn't the lists
be better as type S?