Re: [ecasound] need some buffering advice

Subject: Re: [ecasound] need some buffering advice
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_maoz.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 12:10:35 EEST

In the new year, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Jamie Lutch wrote:
>
> The -z:db option (and -z:nodb to disable) controls disk i/o buffering -
> i.e. not related to the soundcard buffering in any way. The default is
> '-z:nodb,100000', which is 100000 samples of buffering per non-realtime
> audio object (files, pipes, etc). For 32bit, 2ch audio this means 0.8MB of
> buffering per audio object... in other words quite a lot. On heavily
> loaded systems you may need to use even bigger buffers for the disk i/o
> subsystem.

I thought -z:nodb would disable double buffering. Has this changed over
time?

Also are you able to duplicate my internal ecasound buffering problems I
had reported? Current ecasound is unusable for me because of this.
Something seems to make the engine halfway reinitialize and dump all the
audio, making a massive XRUN.

_J