Re: [ecasound] Music-specific features

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Music-specific features
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 01:00:20 EEST

Hi Nolan!
  I use ecasound for musical purposes. Mostly I just play and record. If I do
something wrong, I do it again. This seems like more work and it is. But on
the other hand it is good training for accurate playing. Mostly I play
unconcerned with a steady tempo and without the need to be synchronised with
another track. But this is really good training. :-)
  Concerning time: I just calculate. But I think you could always use let. It
is rather frightening if you look at it for the first time, but then you can
really adjust it to your needs. Or better adjust to its syntax. :-)
  If I play larger pieces I do it in several steps. First I record one part,
with all its tracks and then I progress to the following parts. Then I
calculate lengths and write .ewf-files. They're simple only:
  source = part2.wav
  offset = 88.6
  Then I do commandline mixing until I'm convinced.
  If you wanna know more about the way I work I'll be happy to give you my
usual command-lines to perform a full multi-track recording. It's not much,
but it works great.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen