Re: [ecasound] Toruble with audio recording

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Toruble with audio recording
From: u.jochum_AT_arcor.de
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 18:05:11 EEST

Thanks, Carsten!

> your ESS Solo seems to accept no parameters:
>
> $>modinfo esssolo1
> filename: /lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/esssolo1.o
> author: "Thomas M. Sailer, sailer_AT_ife.ee.ethz.ch, hb9jnx_AT_hb9w.che.eu"
> license: "GPL"
>
> so there's (at least not an easy way) to changes things for your system.
> Hmmmm. F... it. Probably there's some other guru out there who knows more.
> Or contact the driver authors directly.
> Are you shure that the esssolo1 module is the correct driver for your card?

Unfortunately esssolo1 is the correct driver. After lots of googeling
I found that this driver does NOT support audio recording. So I tried
the commercial OSS and ALSA.

> And last but not least:
>
> To use ALSA or OSS ??? this seems to be a question of faith, like if you're
> fan of Bayern Muenchen or Hamburg St.Pauli .. :)

Neither the commercial OSS nor ALSA could be installed on my
machine, no matter what I tried (for ALSA I tried ap-get AND the
direct download of the newest ALSA and then doing the usual
./configure;make;make install --- nothing worked...). After five hours
of working I feel rather exhausted.

Well, after all: now I know WHY I cannot record audio stuff. That's
something.

Thanks again to all who helped!

Uwe