Re: [ecasound] Overrun ...?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Overrun ...?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 00:23:14 EEST

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, justin wrote:

> ecasound -r -b:2048 -B:rtlowlatency \
> -a:1 -i:drums.wav \
> -a:2,3 -i:alsa,ens1371 \
> -a:1,2 -o:alsa,ens1371 \
> -a:3 -o:bass.wav
[...]
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "alsa", mode "write".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 48000, interleaved.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "bass.wav", mode "read/write".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 48000, interleaved.

This won't work... all objects must be use the sampling rate. You can use
the "resample" object (see manpage) if you want to add inputs/outputs
with different sample rate to a single setup.

> that much! So the input format and output format has to match for ALL
> inputs and outputs. So when I issue a command thus:

Only the sample rate has to be same, other format params (channels, bits)
can vary from object to object. And you can get around the samplerate
issue with the "resample" object.