Re: [ecasound] (fwd) Re: ports/50858: compile of ecasound-2.2.2 fails with undeclared functions

Subject: Re: [ecasound] (fwd) Re: ports/50858: compile of ecasound-2.2.2 fails with undeclared functions
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:47:09 EEST

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> well with CVS on Friday I tried to build ecasound from scratch and
> --disable-pyecasound and make install failed because it wanted to change
> permissions on /usr/lib/pyton-1.something/site-packages (and I wasn't root
> and I was installing in $HOME/)

Ugh, this is true. --disable-pyecasound disables compiling pyecasound, but
it does not skip installing the native pyeca files. Any ideas how to
handle this - should --disable-pyecasound disable all python stuff, or
should we add another option for that. To me the latter option sounds
slighly better.

Or maybe even better would be, --disable--pyecasound (all python stuff)
and --enable-pyecasound-c-impl (?) to compile the C extension module.