record sound-in os x

Subject: record sound-in os x
From: Tobie Kerridge (tobie.kerridge_AT_rca.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 14:13:55 EEST

Hi,

I'm trying to find an app that will allow me to control sound I/O from
a shell environment on mac os x 10.2

As I understand it, I/O in ecasound is handled by OSS ASLA drivers
which are Linux specific. There was earlier mention of support for
portaudio
(http://www.wakkanet.fi/kv/ecasound/ecasound-list/2002/02/0055.html)
which would slove the I/O problem, but I'm not sure if this is now
implemented, I saw no mention in the distribution.

Can anyone help me with this, pointers and corrections would be
appreciated!

best wishes,
Tobie