Re: [ecasound] Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound
From: Roel de Wit (roel_AT_utopiasd.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 13:43:33 EEST

Hi,

<cut>
> > compile this into ecasound so that I can use it from the command prompt
? I
> > need a parametric equalizer which I was told some kind of LADSPA plugin
> > could provide me with in combination with ecasound. If anybody could
give me
> Have you tried to use the eq on Linux? It might be possible to convert the
> LADSPA plugin (whicn one?) to a native ecasuond plugin (which will work on
> win32). What kind of filtering do you need to do? Ecasound has various
> low-/high-/bandpass filters that should work fine on win32.

I need to do something similar to what I did in the windows application
soundforge.. Below is a link with a small .gif picture which shows the EQ
settings:
http://sparc.eternalsin.com/eq.gif

Is there any way I could do something similar with the default 'ecasound
package' ?

I don't have the knowledge to recompile a LADSPA plugin to a native ecasound
plugin I fear. I've not yet decided on any specific plugin since I was too
busy trying to get 'any' LADSPA plugin to work. Basically any plugin that
should allow me to set EQ settings like in the above picture will do.

Grtzzzzzz Roel.....