Re: [ecasound] Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 02:23:32 EEST

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Roel de Wit wrote:

> I've successfully compiled ecasound under cygwin (skipped pyecasound thingy,
> and disabled ncurses since it requires an additional DLL) and it seems to

Good to hear that.

> echo "ladspa-register" | ecasound -c
[...]
> at the windows command prompt (cygwin1.dll in the directory) ecasound
> doesn't list any LADSPA plugins. Can anybody give me some hints on how to

LADSPA plugins are unfortunately not supported in Cygwin. I'm not sure
there's any program that can use them on Windows.

> compile this into ecasound so that I can use it from the command prompt ? I
> need a parametric equalizer which I was told some kind of LADSPA plugin
> could provide me with in combination with ecasound. If anybody could give me

Have you tried to use the eq on Linux? It might be possible to convert the
LADSPA plugin (whicn one?) to a native ecasuond plugin (which will work on
win32). What kind of filtering do you need to do? Ecasound has various
low-/high-/bandpass filters that should work fine on win32.