Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound

Subject: Installing LADSPA for use with ecasound
From: Roel de Wit (roel_AT_utopiasd.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 16:19:36 EEST

Hi,

I've successfully compiled ecasound under cygwin (skipped pyecasound thingy,
and disabled ncurses since it requires an additional DLL) and it seems to
work. When I enter:

echo "ladspa-register" | ecasound -c

at the windows command prompt (cygwin1.dll in the directory) ecasound
doesn't list any LADSPA plugins. Can anybody give me some hints on how to
compile this into ecasound so that I can use it from the command prompt ? I
need a parametric equalizer which I was told some kind of LADSPA plugin
could provide me with in combination with ecasound. If anybody could give me
some hints on how to achieve this or could email me a compiled version of
ecasound with LADSPA plugins in it I'd appreciate that. In that case email
it to sparc_AT_eternalsin.com since that email account hasn't got any size
limitations.

I'll continue trying to do it myself of course but my time is limited due to
a deadline that's approaching where I need ecasound or another command
prompt based application that can do modifications on samples for me during
the installation phase of a program.

Again any help or hints are very much appreciated.

Grtzzzzz Roel...