Re: [ecasound] .ecs file format?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] .ecs file format?
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 21:46:47 EET

Hello!
  Yes, .ecs files are just text. I think you could just run ecasound with a
simple command-line like e.g.:
  ecasound -c -i /dev/dsp -o test.wav
  Then in the iam you can save the chainsetup to a file. You can then have
alook at that file. I only did it once or twice. But as I remember it just
contains the command-lie options neatly written into several lines. But you
may test this with a multi-chain chainsetup.
  For the order of effects: Yes it matters if you put the compressor before or
behind the amp. The order of effects is just taken from the command-line as
you specified it, so you can create different serial connections. With
multiple chains you can do parallel FX-processing.
  I hope that helps a little.
  Kindest regards
         Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen