cygwin make and ecanormalize not working in 2.2.2 (on Win32)?

Subject: cygwin make and ecanormalize not working in 2.2.2 (on Win32)?
From: Al Oomens (aloomens_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 19:23:58 EET

I've downloaded ecasound, and compiled it on Windows
running cygwin. This is a cool program. I look forward
to learning it and using it. I've run into 2 problems.
Let me know if I've done something wrong.

1. with version 2.2.2, it seems that ecanormalize no
longer works:

$ ./ecanormalize.exe ag2.wav

---
Error while creating temporary directory "ecatools-".
Exiting...
$

I've recompiled v 2.2.1, and it runs.

2. When I extracted the source distribution, and tried to do a make, it does not complete. It stops when trying to build the pyecasound stuff. I just went into each directory under the main directory, and did a make, then make install, and it seemed to build and install everything else. What is the pyecasound stuff, and should it compile on WIndows (cygwin)?