Re: [ecasound] cygwin libpyecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cygwin libpyecasound
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 23:41:25 EET

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:15:35 +0200 (EET)
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, janne halttunen wrote:
>
> > And ofcourse some version of python (even 1.5 should work).
>
> Yup, it seems you also fixed the check for sys.version_info (only
> available in python-2.0).

Yeps. BTW, though I haven't actually tested running python 1.5, I browsed the python 1.5 -> 2.2 docs pretty extensively, and found nothing suspicious. This ofcourse doesn't guarantee anything.

> On the same topic: how much have you tested ecanative.py? For instance,
> have you had any notable problems with ecasetupedit.py and heteca?

Ummh. No, i haven't test it that much. Well, heteca, I haven't ran it for quite a while - still thinking of the Great Rewrite. (dooba-doo..)

And as for ecasetupedit (that program needs a name change). I've uploaded new version of it:

http://www.pp.htv.fi/jhalttun/dist/ecasetupedit-0.2.5.tar.gz

that actually works :P also with native pyecasound.

> > Yes, only if you need to send or receive a loads of floats/longs
> > quickly, you'd be better off with the original extension.
>
> And even in the case of lots of floats/longs, you really should benchmark
> first before drawing any final conclusions. For instance, I've implemented
> ecasignalview using the standalone C ECI and it works reasonably well. And
> to update the level info, we have to make a lot of ECI transactions.

Yes, a test program would be nice. However, I think I'd like to have my apps together before I start hacking at this :)

janne