Hyperthreading

Subject: Hyperthreading
From: William Goldsmith (bill_AT_radioparadise.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 01:48:10 EET

One more issue. My newest server is a Dual Xeon box & I'm running it with
hyperthreading enabled (2 Xeon CPUs emulating 4 CPUs). Does anyone know of
any real-time processing issues (ie in mp3 playback, processing by ecasound,
fifo pipes, or lame encoding) that are tied to the use of hyperthreading?

-bg

> > Sorry - meant to say RedHat 8.0. It's gcc 3.2 - which I've used to
build
> > ecasound successfully before, so I really don't think that's the issue.
The