Re: [ecasound] Ecasound multitrack recording

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound multitrack recording
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 01:20:08 EET

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Mikko Nummelin wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> > I'm using a m-audio delta 1010lt soundcard and would like to do a
> > multitrackrecording. Consider the foloowing idea:
> > I wanna record guitar and keyboard at the same time. But I want to store the
> > results of those instruments in different files, so I can postprocess them
> > seperately. Is this possible and if how?
>
> Two or more soundcards attached to different chains, and still beware
> synchronization problems. Some very expensive soundcards might have
> multiple microphone and line-in channels also.

  Yes, I know that it might be possible with two or more soundcards attached
to different chains, but how about doing it with one. With my delta 1010lt. I
heard, that someone had to open all channels at once, because the
alsaplugin-devices wouldn't work. Now I'm trying to figure out, how I can
attach inputs 1/2 to chain a1 and inputs 3/4 to chain a2. How exactly would
that be done? I think it won't be a good idea to do something like:
  ecasound -a:a1 -f:16,10,44100 -i alsahw,0,0 -a:a2 -f:16,10,44100 -i
alsahw,0,0 -a:1 -f:16,2,44100 -o a.wav -a:2 -f:16,2,44100 -o b.wav
  I think it simply doesn't work.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

> Mikko Nummelin

> message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de
julien_AT_c-lab.de
http://www.geocities.com/jjs_home